Sunday, January 24, 2010

A. Identify Your Audience
1. My capstone’s ideal target audience is musicians looking to teach others the ways of playing an instrument, reading, and writing music. On the flip side, I am focusing on users who wish to learn all there is to know about reading music, writing music, and playing an instrument. A peer-to-peer social network where users help each other.
2. The users that are closest to my target audience would have to be the members of the UMaine Pep Band. All the on campus musicians and groups are what I am looking for. I also have access to my old high school band.
3. Kristy Yeaton, Christopher Cotreau, and Aaron Sanders might be people that I would collaborate with because they are all doing something related to music and we could help each other out getting users and content. This would also serve well in advertising for each other’s projects with our own Capstones.

B.Identify your promotion strategies
1.I will post a link with description in all folders found related to instrument music on First Class.
i.Pep Band
ii.Symphonic Band
iii.Marching Band
iv.Music Student Teaching
v.Trumpet
vi.Flute
vii.Music Minors
viii.University Orchestra
ix.Brass Class
x.Maine Music Organization
xi.Musician Coalition
xii.Announcements & Alerts
xiii.New Media Society
xiv.Debating posting to Signing groups to get more people
2.Other Online link Posts:
i.Facebook Profile and music groups
ii.Have my mom, who is a teacher; forward my email to my old middle/high schools band director and her students in Millinocket. See if she can also forward my link/description to the East Millinocket/Medway bands.
iii.Good idea to post requests to the pool for reviews and participation
iv.Post to the NMD Website
3.Offline
i.Place posters in 1944 hall, New Media Department, Old High School
ii.Considering making postcards and giving them to classmates to hand out to people they know would be interested
iii.Considering putting a demo of the site on YouTube

C.Choose sampling mechanism
1.Hand-picked seems to be the best mechanism for me. Random is too risky for a user-content heavy startup project like mine. Mass-invited might work for me as well to get as many people as possible, but I feel that the chances of getting the right music oriented people is not in my favor

D.Choose feedback format
1.I am not quite sure what is the most appropriate action to take for my website. I would think qualitative might be the best for my site since the user is controlling the content and would need more freedom to express how they feel about the website. Categories are needed for my site since there will be a variety of instruments people might want to discuss.

E.Choose feedback aggregator
1.SurveyMonkey.com would be the best site for me to use to compile feedback and data. I should consider using bar graphs because I am sure there will be statistics that I will be easier to read in graph form; Microsoft Excel is what I own so I would probably use that to create these graphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment